Emerge COVID-19 Resource Assistance Program Applications now Open
Through the Kansas Beats the Virus Program launched by the Kansas Leadership Center in partnership with the State of Kansas, Emerge (formerly Newton Young Professionals) was awarded with $3000 in grant funding to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
After this grant was received, the R. Michael Rhoades Foundation offered a grant match of an additional $3,000, giving Emerge $6,000 to use to provide local business with COVID-19 resource assistance. Among many other efforts, the R. Michael Rhoades Foundation focuses on advancement of health initiatives. We are very grateful to the foundation for their generous assistance.
As a part of this initiative, we have set up a program that helps award our local “mom and pop” small businesses in Harvey County for putting measures in place to keep their physical locations clean and safe for their employees and customers. At the same time, we encourage businesses to continue efforts to find new ways to combat COVID-19 moving forward. As a result of the work businesses put in to making their locations a safer space, we will award them with items that help further the safety of their spaces. These items can include air purifiers, plexi-glass shields, outdoor heaters, etc.
Here is how the process will work:
Between January 15th and February 28th, businesses will be able to apply for assistance from our organization. Applications can be filed online with the link at the end of this article, or with a physical application that can be picked up from the Chamber office at 500 N Main, Suite 101.
In the application, businesses must prove that they adhere to the following 4 standards of health and safety issued by the Harvey County Health Department:
1. Face Masks: Business has signage to remind customers to wear face masks, employees & customers are required to wear masks.
2. Social Distancing: Business has social-distancing reminders throughout the building, has placed all tables and chairs six feet apart.
3. Hand Sanitation: Business has free antibacterial stands, bottles or wipes for customers and staff.
4. Regular Surface Sanitation: Business regularly sanitizes high-touch surfaces.
You can only submit one application for COVID-19 resource assistance through Emerge. Applicants may be visited by a secret shopper prior to being awarded resource assistance to verify their standards of health & safety.
Starting on March 1st, the Emerge task force will begin to review applications and award businesses with items to help make their spaces safer. Applications will be reviewed and awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis until funds are depleted. All items will be distributed to selected businesses before March 31st, 2021. Please keep in mind that this resource assistance is offered locally through the KS Beats the Virus program, and is not affiliated with CARES Act funding, SBA initiatives, or any other COVID-19 relief programs.
Please review the following eligibility requirements before submitting your application:
• Businesses must be within Harvey County.
• Only small businesses with fewer than 50 full-time and part-time employees are eligible to apply.
• Businesses must have front-facing employees; business is open to customers and clients on-site.
• Franchisees are not eligible to apply.
• Businesses must demonstrate the 4 health and safety standards listed above.
To apply online, CLICK HERE
Physical applications are available for pickup at the Chamber office: 500 N Main, Suite 101. If you have any questions during the process, call Rachael Gibbons, Emerge Chamber Liaison, at (316) 283-2560.